- Nelson Drive
- Westward Ho!
- EX39 1LQ
We have contributed to the life and vigour of Westward Ho! from its early days in the late 19th Century when, encouraged by Appledore Baptist Church, meetings were first held in a house near the present slipway in 1887.
As the village grew, a chapel was built at the junction of Nelson Road and Nelson Drive in 1895. For a long time, the link with Appledore Baptist Church was strengthened by sharing their minister, often using their baptistry when people declared their faith in Jesus Christ.
Throughout the years we have served the community in many ways. Increasing attendances led us to plan the building we now worship in, and for two years we used the hall at a nearby school to accommodate growing numbers at morning services.
We are excited to see the way God is using and directing us in this growing community!